I always thought I have a hard life. Didn't think that there are others whose lives are tougher than mine and they are standing strong.
My classmate gave some of us a lift to queenstown yesterday. I then realised how tough it is on him. He's a returning teacher too. Not getting paid. Had to support his wife, baby gal, car, house and elderly parents. I wonder how he did it. It must have been a humbling period for him to live off his wife these 2 years. It's definitely not easy for the 2 married man in my class. I salute to them! And I shall NOT be pessimistic about my situation again!
I also realised the difference being a cross-over diploma people, the original degree people and me. The cross-overs and degree people are really thinkers. They can generate so many information out of what they read and most importantly, they can do very well for their exams. Now I know why I didn't cross over 4 years ago. I really can't think much and as in depth as them. And I definitely don't do as well as them for studies. Don't be mistaken. I'm not feeling lousy about myself. Just that I realised that everything I do, I'm leaning on God's strength and wisdom. I wonder how on earth I can be back in NIE doing my degree and how I actually passed all the exams. It's by God's grace. It's really my calling, I guess. Was reading the Purpose Driven Life and there was this question: What drives you in life? I think my answer is KIDS! I may not be a top student in school, but I can be a teacher who produce top students in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment